Forest Hill Guardian is looking for a motivated team-minded pharmacy technician to work with our compliance packaging team in a hybrid remote/in-person role.
We are dedicated to looking after our staff by keeping them happy and healthy at work and beyond. We take experiences and suggestions from within the company to innovate and grow our pharmacy and provide the best patient care. Our company is owned, run, and managed by pharmacists who have worked on the front lines and are striving to help each employee grow to their maximum potential.
The ideal candidate will be able to anchor the Pacmed team by using a wide range of a Registered Pharmacy Technician's skills. Our pharmacy uses Kroll software to its fullest and PacVision to reduce the burden on both the pharmacist and techinician. As a central fill pharmacy, the Technician will coordinate the billing, packing and checking of PacMed compliance strips for our group homes and community patients.
Please note that there is limited patient interaction in this job, but pharmacy team communication is essential.
- Perform technical checks on Pacmed strips, including the use of a PacVision system
- Work with the pharmacy team to ensure all packs are made and checked in time to be sent to patients and group homes
- Complete all technical tasks in the prescription preparation process, including the final check
- Receive/transcribe verbal prescriptions from practitioners
- Pharmacy Technician licensed with NSCP
- Strong communication skills with a team
- Experience with Kroll dispensing software and Pacmed/PacVision is an asset
- Health and dental care plan
- Licensing/insurance fees paid
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
- Pharmacy Technician License in Nova Scotia (required)
- permit to inject/immunize (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Musquodoboit Harbour, NS