RJC Engineers (RJC) is a national, employee-owned engineering firm that celebrates creative thinking, prompt service, and technical excellence in building structure and enclosure engineering. Bringing the best of RJC to every project for over seven decades, the firm integrates multi-facetted ingenuity and practicality to create success for their clients and their projects. RJC has positioned itself on the intersection of building enclosure and structural design, offering a full suite of performance based design services in the space of structure, energy, seismic, and envelope.
Recognized as an exceptional workplace, we mentor the next generation of Canada’s ‘best and brightest’ engineers and technologists. With offices and expertise across Canada, we challenge our people to push technical boundaries and provide leadership in our fields of practice, while providing creative thinking and practical results for clients and projects nationwide
The Structural Technologist works as part of a team, under the direction of an experienced Technologist, to produce drawings on a variety of buildings including commercial, residential, institutional, and sports/recreation complexes. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, fast learner with the desire to continually learn and grow.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare structural engineering models and drawings in Revit & AutoCAD
- Aid in the development of finished building models and drawings from general conceptual information and design notes
- Provide drafting and be accountable for schedule and efficiency and quality
- Work as part of a team, to produce drawings on a variety of projects
- Co-ordinate and overlay drawings of other team members to resolve drawing co-ordination in development of detailed design of projects
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Diploma in Engineering Design & Drafting Technology, Architectural Technology, or Civil Engineering Technology
- 0-3 years working experience or education background with AutoCAD & REVIT
- Experience in construction and/or consulting services (not required but would be an asset)
- Fast learner who can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Team player who is assertive and able to work with minimal direction.
- Hard worker who is ready to assume responsibility quickly.
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available.
- Attentive to detail and have a desire to grow professionally and personally.
- Committed to client service and technical excellence.
Rewards & Benefits
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- An employee owned organization providing greater opportunity
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive and generous benefits package
- A $1000 health care spending account
Please visit us at www.rjc.ca/careers to apply for this position.
Less than 3 year(s): AutoCAD
Less than 3 year(s): Revit
Diploma or better in Civil Engineering Technology or related field