Requisition ID: 178687
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
Location: 875 Truro Lawtons Pharm
Postal Code: B2N 5A4
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1500 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
The Pharmacy Assistant Supervisor is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. The Supervisor is responsible to identify and schedule professional clinical services and plays a key role in the achievement of pharmacy excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiencies, PROfile programs and inventory management. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Schedule pharmacy assistant(s)
- Coordinate the pharmacy work flow
- Manage department personnel which includes scheduling, recruitment, performance management and training
- Coach pharmacy assistant team to deliver superior customer experience by actively contributing to a health & wellness environment
- Promote PROfile Programs and educate PA’s
- Communicate operational requirements/changes to the pharmacy support staff
- Complete monthly reporting
- Supervise inventory management
- Process customer transactions
- Prescription assembly, refills, compounding
- Administrative duties, filing, supplies, cleaning and
- Receive in-person and telephone refill requests and record deliveries
- Data entry, Manual Third Parties, cycle counts, narcotic counts, TML’s
- Product Order receiving, deliveries, drug order creation
- Pill pack assembly
- BTC Management and Return to Stock
- Rx Will Call/Release (guidelines)
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, and other regulatory requirements and procedures, are implemented and maintained
- Assist with other pharmacy operations as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a PA or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of MS Suite
- Undergraduate degree, Pharmacy Technician Certificate or equivalent recognized program
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.