PulseAir Heart & Lung Centre is a collaboration of Edmonton Cardiology Consultants, Advanced Respiratory Care Network and Inspiromed providing a range of expertise in cardiology, respirology, sleep medicine, internal medicine, and allergy.
Our areas of diagnostics and therapeutics include echocardiography, exercise stress testing, 24 and 48 hour holter monitoring, pulmonary function testing, level 1 and level 3 sleep testing, 24 hour BP monitoring, CPAP and BiPAP therapy, respiratory home care and home oxygen therapy and allergy testing.
Our Mission: To set new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and cost-effective health care services with a commitment to high quality patient care with timely access.
We can offer you a great environment with an outstanding team and the opportunity for learning and growth. For more information, please go to www.pulseair.ca
Are you a patient focused Medical Office Assistant (MOA) with excellent patient care skills looking for a new role? We are hiring a full-time position which focuses on reception duties in our busy clinic in South Edmonton.
The Responsibilities Include:
- The MOA welcomes patients in a friendly and professional manner and follows the check-in policies and procedures.
- Uses Healthquest to arrive patient’s and update chart information.
- Prepare patient charts depending on their appointment type.
- Book patient appointments in a timely manner, maintaining an up-to-date worklist.
- Answers incoming phone calls and answers questions providing excellent customer service.
- Scanning and linking patient documents into charts and auditing to ensure accuracy.
- Fax prescriptions, test results and referrals for further testing.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains patient privacy and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Works with an interdisciplinary team and other support staff to provide optimal patient care.
- 1 year experience in a similar role performing patient care and office duties (pulmonology/cardiology clinic knowledge is an asset).
- Excellent computer knowledge and data-entry skills. (Healthquest/Microquest knowledge is an asset).
- Detail oriented, good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent multitasking and communication skills
- BLS certification
-Full COVID-19 immunization status
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Starting Salary: $17/hour
Job Type: Full-time
- 9-hour shifts including a 1-hour unpaid break
- Monday to Friday (Office Hours TBD)
- Potential for occasional Saturday shifts
- Medical office assistant/patient care coordinator: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $35,361.36 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff require COVID-19 vaccinations, PPE is provided and policies are in place.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person