CGSB UT II, MT II - NDE TechnicianThe Non-Destructive Testing Technician will be responsible for a wide variety of non-destructive testing methods, to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials. Reporting to Operations, the NDT Technician will work closely with other skilled NDT Technicians as well as NDT Assistants in performing their inspections. The Non-Destructive Testing Technician will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to test, diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives. Other responsibilities will include the planning and scheduling of work, maintenance of records for all materials used and the progress made on a job.
- Perform UT shearwave and MT inspections on shaft liner plate welds.
- Adherence to Safe Work Practices
- Quality of work excellence is an individual priority
- Ethics and Integrity
- Accountability and Dependability
- Efficiency through Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving and Mathematical Reasoning
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Operating Equipment
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Communication and Team Work
- Perform various Non-Destructive Tests to ensure quality and/or detect defects using various NDT methods in diverse settings that include all operating areas of site.
- Record and evaluate inspection results.
- Ensure strict adherence to health and safety regulations.
- Will conduct NDT inspections and interpret results to accept/reject parts.
- Required to interpret codes, standards, drawings, and other contractual documents that control the NDT method.
- Ability to select the NDT method and technique for a specific inspection, prepare and verify the adequacy of procedures.
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment.
- Provide NDT services in a wide variety of industries to assist ensure quality of product using ultrasonic, radiographic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and other non-destructive testing methods.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Organize and report test results.
- Encourage participation from operations, technical and maintenance in developing innovative solutions to problems.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports.
- Plan daily and long-term maintenance activities. This includes priority setting in consultation with operations, maintenance and technical input.
- May instruct and supervise trainees.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Post-secondary technical education.
- Level II - CGSB Certifications in UT or MT are mandatory
- Experience using NDT techniques, procedures and equipment in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Demonstrated ability to perform inspections and to interpret results.
- Knowledge of applicable industrial codes and standards.
- Must have understanding of all other NDT methods and manufacturing processes that influence NDT inspections.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- The ability to produce objective reports
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated diplomacy and professionalism.
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the branch and company as a whole.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident, consistent decisive personality.
- Must be able to work with little supervision: must be self-directed.
- Ability to understand procedural manuals and execute work orders.
- Ability to setup, calibrate, operate and maintain field equipment.
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation.
- May require the ability to lift and carry materials.
- Comply with all Team Industrial Services policies and procedures, as well as Federal and Provincially mandated legislation and regulations.
- SCOT/CSTS, confined space, fall protection, first aid/CPR
- Some travel may be required.
TEAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.