Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is hiring two Lab Technicians on a permanent basis on at the Co-op Refinery Complex (CRC).
This position requires on-site work and is based in Regina, SK.
Shift: 6:30am to 7:00pm and schedules are set 2 weeks in advance.
Our Co-op Refinery Complex processes up to 130,000 barrels of crude oil every day, distributing up to 17 million liters of fuel every day to Co-op Gas bars and Cardlocks throughout Western Canada. Are you a passionate about collecting and analyzing samples to ensure safety, reliability, and sustainability? If so, please check out this opportunity!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the team to collect and analyze samples from process streams and tankage from various locations.
- Utilize established procedures (ASTM, CGSB) to obtain accurate results.
- Ensure contributions meet quality assurance and turnaround time specifications.
- Contribute to a safe work environment by following established safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and basic lab equipment use and maintenance.
- Perform duties of a physical nature such as climbing ladder/ stairs, carrying samples and walking on various terrain.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you’ll work with:
The Team: You will work closely with the lab team along with operations and engineering. The lab strives to cultivate a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
The Customers: You will demonstrate customer focus by providing the CRC and Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) with timely, accurate and reliable results.
Why it matters:
We fuel Western Canada. Our Refinery strives to be a recognized leader in safety, reliability and sustainability within the petroleum-refining industry.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Production, Trades and Maintenance and:
- Have successfully completed Grade 12 and a minimum post-secondary diploma/certificate in Chemical Technology/Biotechnology or a B.Sc. in Chemistry or Biochemistry. In addition, candidates are required to have completed at least one Organic Chemistry and one Analytical Chemistry class as part of their program.
- You possess a good mechanical aptitude and are physically capable to perform Lab and general maintenance work.
- You must be prepared to participate in and successfully complete the additional Lab Training Programs involved.
What we offer:
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities to grow and develop as a Team Member.
- As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and what we offer, visit fcl.crs.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us via fc[email protected]. All information received will be kept confidential.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by September 25, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. FCLLP
Please note you will be required to comply with the safety sensitive employment conditions in accordance with CRC policies.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion. We’re working to create a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve and an environment where every team member brings their whole self to work. We believe all candidates should feel at home with us and be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process.