Ready to steer your career towards exciting horizons? Join us at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd., as a Transportation Planner/Heavy Haul Dispatcher and embark on a journey filled with heavy-duty adventure, logistics, and a commitment to excellence!
Morgan Construction is seeking an experienced Transportation Planner/ Heavy Haul Dispatcher to join our team where you will be responsible for arranging the transportation of heavy construction equipment. Your role encompasses coordinating with multiple vendors, obtaining quotations, securing permits, dispatching, and ensuring compliance with federal regulations. This fast-paced position requires strong organizational skills, industry knowledge, and a commitment to safety.
Why work with us?
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is a well-established and respected heavy civil contractor that operates throughout Canada. Our company is committed to the excellence of our work, workplace safety, as well as building trust with our clients. We believe in our people and trust that they are the backbone of our success.
Morgan offers the following incentives:
· We offer stability and security by offering year-round work.
· Competitive wages and immediate benefits.
· Morgan is a growth focused company that continues to expand and invest in our workforce with training and career advancement.
· We provide opportunities for team members to advance their knowledge through programs like leadership education and hands-on training.
· We will reward you $1000 if Morgan successfully hires your referral.
· Arranges transport of heavy construction equipment- includes quotations from multiple vendors, coordination with vendors, and documentation of equipment moves.
· Plan, coordinate, and dispatch heavy equipment within a fast paced environment.
· Permitting loads both provincially and federally.
· Preparation of mobilization and demobilization quotes for estimating and operations.
· Implement operational policies and procedures.
· Handle all correspondence and negotiations with suppliers.
· Coordinate all required work by vendors.
· Developing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining strategies that increase the efficiency and speed of equipment operations.
· Consult regularly with suppliers, and field operations.
· Monitoring costs and staying within allocated budgets and preparing reports.
· Reading and analyzing reports.
· Updating leadership about the actions of trucking regularly.
· Working with field operations management to source the most feasible options for the transportation of replacement equipment.
· Collaborating with internal departments to identify and close any operational gaps
· Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Proven experience in heavy equipment transportation, logistics, or a related field.
· Proficiency Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong knowledge of federal and provincial transportation regulations.
· Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Strong knowledge of federal hours of service and transportation compliance.
· Construction and mining experience preferred.
· Safety certifications and leadership experience are a plus.
· Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· A desire to make a difference and take pride in your work.
· Post-secondary education in a related field is preferred.
How to Apply:
If you are a dedicated transportation professional with a passion for delivering exceptional service and a commitment to safety, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. #McelCP
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Acheson, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- dispatching: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person