Occupational Therapist - Markham, ON
FlexMD is looking for Occupational Therapists to join us at our new Mount Joy, Markham clinic
An exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our team at FlexMD. Our multi-disciplinary clinic team is comprised of Primary Care Physicians, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Massage Therapists, and Chiropractors.
- Turnkey clinic with full-service business and administrative support, including reception, staff management, payroll, supply management, marketing, EHR management, billing submissions, and training.
- Cross discipline referrals and clinic marketing that accelerate growth of a busy and rewarding practice.
- On-site primary care clinic and pharmacy.
- An experienced management team.
- Brand new, professionally managed facility with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, suitable for rehab treatments.
- Variety of work area options including 10’ x 12’ private treatment, open galley-style treatment tables, and spacious gym area with mobility equipment.
- 3 section, 90° drop, electric adjust treatment tables.
- In-suite commercial washer and dryer.
- Private staff areas including lockers, washroom, and kitchen.
- Flexible hours - full or part time, early morning, evening and/or weekends.
- Close proximity to the Markham Stouffville Hospital.
- Work in the vibrant and growing community of Mount Joy, Markham, adjacent to a Go Station, walking distance to a variety of shops and restaurants.
- Free parking near building entrance.
- Assessment of physical, emotional, and cognitive functioning with environmental considerations.
- Evaluation of the home, work, or school environment to assess the need for specialized equipment modifications and/or supports.
- Individualized treatment plans to develop, maintain, or augment function using evidence based treatment modalities.
- Teaching daily living and community life skills.
- Prescribing specialized adaptive equipment and teaching proper usage.
- Educating and counseling family members and caregivers regarding the impact of disability, injury, or disease on the individual and their potential role within the recovery process.
- Educating and counseling to promote function and independence including health promotion and injury prevention.
- Based on assessment the occupational therapist refers the individual to additional health care and community services as needed.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals and community service providers to promote comprehensive and coordinated care.
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTA), in good standing.
- Professional Liability Insurance.
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making and analytical skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with an ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Occupational Therapist Benefits:
- Competitive overhead split.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.FlexMD.ca
Job Types: Freelance, Part-time, Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario registration (required)
Work Location: In person