Client Care Specialist / Receptionist
Location: Westwood Hills Veterinary Hospital
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Westwood Hills Veterinary Hospital has been servicing the pets and people in the area for over 20 years! We are an 18 staff member practice (including 4 experienced vets). We take our commitment to animals, pet parents and our community seriously!
We are currently looking for a dynamic Client Care Specialist / Receptionist. The ideal candidate will enjoy being part of a culture that includes a fun, supportive and dedicated team of professionals. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing team where learning possibilities are endless! We offer an intimate and exciting work environment and an excellent package based on experience / qualifications.
Are you determined to give the best to clients and ensure you are doing all you can for each patient that comes in? Are you outgoing, compassionate, and an effective communicator? Do you treat everyone with utmost respect? Are you detailed-orientated, efficient, work well under pressure, and enjoy working with people and animals? If you answered “Yes!” we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate for this position:
· Provides excellent customer service; is able to connect with people in a genuine, friendly and compassionate manner.
· Is a positive and successful communicator; both verbal and written in a fast-paced environment
· You should be people oriented, able to prioritize and work calmly under pressure.
· Enthusiasm, self motivation, and empathy are necessary to excel at this job.
· Experience working with office equipment and the ability to use multiple types of software programs, social media tools, email, phone, fax etc.
· Prior knowledge of or the ability to learn medical terminology and Veterinary software programs
· Ability to work equally effectively with or without supervision.
· Shows initiative and seeks out opportunities to “raise the bar”
· Is dedicated to life long learning
· Detail orientated and excellent organizational skills.
· Adaptability and flexibility are key traits to possess in this role.
What We Offer
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- Access to online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through our VENUS (OSCAR) fund activities.
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
· Previous client care / customer service experience is required
· Graduation from an approved Veterinary Assistant Program or relevant background in animal healthcare is preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person