Photon Control Inc. is part of the MKS Instruments Photonics Solutions Division, providing a wide range of highly specialized opto-mechanical solutions to enhance our customer’s capabilities and productivity in the semiconductor, advanced electronics and specialty industrial markets. At Photon Control we design and manufacture high performance optical sensors and systems to measure temperature and position. These products improve performance and enable innovation for our customers and are used in the semiconductor and other high technology industries. Our clients provide solutions to some of the biggest semiconductor manufacturers whose products can be found in everyday electronic devices, cellphones, smart watches, TVs, and computers.
We are looking for an exceptional Quality Engineering Manager to drive an organization-wide quality culture by collaborating with cross functional teams to implement quality strategies that support operational excellence and compliance to relevant standards. The duties you will perform include but are not limited to:
- Provide on-site leadership for the Optical Sensing Products business unit Quality organization to prioritize and drive improvements of quality assurance and control systems and activities.
- Analyze customer returns and failure rate data to improve product performance, determine root cause and CAPA (corrective and preventive actions) with a focus on systemic improvements in collaboration with Operations and Engineering teams.
- Own the site Quality Management System, manage the internal Quality System Audit program to drive continuous improvement across all areas of the business, and conduct Quality System Management Reviews.
- Effectively interface with customers in a variety of settings including, but not limited to, audits, written & verbal communication of improvement plans and 8D/CAPA implementation.
- Identify and develop KPI’s (key performance indicators) and work with cross functional teams on Continuous Improvement activities.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on New Product Introduction (NPI) to fulfil quality requirements through all phases.
- Partner with Site Operations team and corporate functions to set & meet quality objectives.
- Drive and promote a culture of quality within the organization.
What will you bring to the team, along with your curiosity and enthusiasm, is an in-depth understanding of quality systems approach and complex manufacturing processes are:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, material science, or equivalent (MS and or MBA preferred) with 5-7 years minimum industry experience.
- Demonstrated, hands-on leadership to perform both tactical and strategic activities.
- Experience implementing quality systems.
- Robust knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- Experience with quality improvement tools, including: Design quality tools D/PFMEA, DFX, Poke-yoke, Statistical decision-making, and 8D and K-T problem solving.
The benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including performance based bonus
- RRSP matching
- Healthcare Including Medical, Dental and Vision, Life Insurance and AD&D, Medical Travel Insurance
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Paid Sick Days
- Additional Flex Day Off with Spending Allowance
- Transit Zone 1 Reimbursement
- Active Social Committee Programs, BBQ, Food Trucks, Camping, Etc.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person