The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
The NTHSSA provides and supports the delivery of health care services to adults and children on an inpatient, outpatient, and outreach basis to enhance healthy community well-being through excellence, accountability, and respect for regional diversity. The Relief Clerk - Receptionist reports directly to the Nurse in Charge (NIC). The incumbent provides efficient administrative and clerical services for the Nurse in Charge, (and other transient health-care professionals) Health Centre staff and patients. The incumbent also provides services between health center staff, patients, visiting physicians, and other health care professionals on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good communication and observation skills for reception of the public
- Basic knowledge of office routine is necessary and a basic understanding of patient care and treatment
- Key boarding skills
- Computer knowledge in word-processing, database, spreadsheets, and communications software
- The incumbent must be able to keep confidential information confidential
- Ability to speak the aboriginal language and knowledge of interpretation/translation practices is considered an asset
- The incumbent must be able to meet and deal pleasantly and effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds in order to effectively greet callers/visitors who are irrational and emotional and determine their actual situation and requirements
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
The foregoing knowledge, ability and skills would normally be acquired through completion of a minimum of grade 10, general office procedures course and related experience that are required to perform the secretarial and clerical functions of the job.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1st FLOOR ALEX MOSES GREENLAND BUILDING
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Tel (867) 678-8071 Ext 15644
Fax (867) 678-6620
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.