Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
The Civil/Structural Engineering Technologist will be working for our Atlantic team as an addition to the multidisciplinary drafting/design group. This role will include 2D design drafting and 3D structural modeling on structural projects for various clients. Working with designers and engineers from initial project start up to construction completion.
This is a hybrid position with possible requirement of travelling to the Labrador City office for site visits. The ideal candidate can sit anywhere in the Atlantic provinces.
- Design drafting using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant, REVIT, Navisworks and MS office with excellent general computer skills
- Prepare structural 3D model designs and 2D detailed drawings
- Preparing and modifying drawings during design and construction. Ensuring structural drawings and specifications meet established Project criteria and applicable standards
- Communication and coordination with clients and members of the Project team.
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings
- Complete site visits to document existing conditions in both greenfield and brownfield heavy industrial projects
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited school is required
- 10 years of relevant structural drafting experience as a Technologist
- Working experience and knowledge in recent and current versions of AutoCAD Navisworks, MS Office with excellent general computer skills is required
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities are required
- Valid current NL Driver’s License is required
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact Ven Thambithurai