Provides a wide range of administrative support for designated area.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support by organizing and coordinating workflow and determining priorities in order to meet the needs and requirements of assigned area; resolves day-to-day problems, handles sensitive material.
- Designs, implements, and monitors common/consistent systems and processes for increased efficiencies.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to program faculty in complying with the requirements of external regulating bodies
- Administers filing systems (paper and/or electronic) for student and other records, while maintaining confidentiality and adhering to the TRU data retention policy.
- Receives and directs student enquiries regarding program and degree requirements.
- Creates, maintains and verifies student files and course records for internal and external use. Pulls reports from existing TRU databases/systems and organizes data (e.g. in Excel).
- Sets up and manages office supplies inventory.
- Performs administrative duties which include word processing a variety of documents such as correspondence, contracts, evaluation summaries and exams.
- Designs, modifies and maintains electronic and printable information for students/faculty/staff. Prepares and manages mail-outs (paper and/or electronic).
- Plans and organizes meetings and events (including catering) for internal and external stakeholders for designated areas. Designs invitations and information materials for events in designated programs.
- Assists with preparation and distribution of meeting agendas, takes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Books and sets up audio and video conferences, and other technology, for meetings within designated program. Troubleshoots as needed.
- Manages criminal record checks (CRC) for all students participating in practicum/field courses. Informs field coordinators of students’ eligibility for practicum (with regard to CRC).
- Manages the Field Education Database. Evaluates and tracks practica and field data. Sets up and maintains records and creates reports.
- Tracks, reviews and ensures completeness of students’ field applications, using Intern Placement Tracking (IPT) system. Tracks and manages Partnership Placement Agreements (PPA).
- Collects and monitors course outline submissions from faculty in designated program. Assists with follow-up on compliance.
- Ensures compliance with various institutional approval processes (e.g. thesis, directed studies, etc.) and obtains signatures in designated programs.
- Assists with processing expenses and maintaining financial records, including generating web requisitions.
- Designs and maintains designated program’s SharePoint (for staff/faculty) and Moodle sites (for students), and other platforms.
- Assists with documentation and spreadsheets for admissions process for designated programs.
- Supports the chair in the faculty hiring process in designated programs.
Academic and Administrative Coordinator