Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Bureau Veritas is looking for a
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – ISP/Pour-Off
Seasonal Contract position to December 31, 2023
As a LABORATORY TECHNICIAN, your responsibilities are:
Entry-level laboratory position covering a variety of procedures that require experience in Chemistry/Biology and general laboratory procedures. Responsible for Inorganics Sample Preparation (soil and water) and relatively straightforward laboratory testing.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that working records are completed and raw data is appropriately labelled.
- General housekeeping of laboratory and workstations.
- Prepare and clean glassware required for sample analysis.
- Prepare samples, sub-samples and reagents. Ensure samples, extracts and standard solutions are properly labelled and stored in the appropriate location.
- Perform simple analysis, including operation of balances and meters.
- Maintain up to date maintenance records for instrumentation.
- Meet quality and turnaround time specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analysed within holding time requirements.
- Provide supervisor with updates on workstation status including advance notification of any delays.
- Maintain control charts as per QA manual requirements, monitor for failure to meet tolerances and consult with Supervisor regarding remedial action.
- Standard laboratory environment
- Availability for shift work, OT and weekend work as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
You are an ideal LABORATORY TECHNICIAN if you have [Minimum Requirements]:
- You have a Technical diploma required, B.Sc. preferred
- You have experience performing aseptic procedures
- You have knowledge of standard operating procedures and instrumental techniques
- Basic laboratory cleanliness skills
- Good analytical laboratory skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good multi-tasking abilities
- Good independent worker
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
Our purpose: shaping a world of trust.
Guaranteeing quality, ensuring Health and Safety, mitigating risks and improving performance as well as environmental protection and social responsibility … This is what Bureau Veritas is about, truly believing that it contributes to bettering society.
Blending performance & integrity, with ambition & humility, responsibility & openness, we are proud that our people leave a mark on what they do.
We respect our people and believe in our talents.
We empower them to leave their mark, working as a team for the benefit of our 400,000 clients across 140 countries.
We believe that leaving a mark is a true challenge and opportunity for every one of us, a sign of trust and impact, a bond with the future, a proof of growth and development.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark…. in shaping a world of trust.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at https://www.bvna.com/careers
Bureau Veritas Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust