If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a full-time Community Manager to join our Arborstone Enhanced Care team based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development, and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. We offer a competitive compensation package, additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Access to healthcare 24/7 for free through the group benefit plan
- RRSP program (5% employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Directs and promotes a client-directed philosophy by placing Clients first
- Provides clinical leadership and oversight of the electronic client documentation system
- Promotes and maintains effective communication with all clients and family to support quality client care and services by building trusted partnerships
- Directs, promotes, and evaluates organizational standards, goals and objectives and policies to assure optimal level of care and services for clients and seeks opportunities to improve quality
- Assures compliance with regulatory agencies and the accreditation process
- Establishes and maintains an organizational structure and professional model of practice that maintains effective communication, and clearly defines responsibility and accountability
- Supports initial assessments of potential admissions in consultation with Licensed Staff
- Provides consultation regarding client issues and standards of care to nursing personnel and the interdisciplinary team
- Encourages and promotes relationships with outside resources/organizations to meet client and community needs
- Assumes the duties of registered staff as required.
- Manages the human resources activities of the community Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures and best practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Provides leadership to the team in the development and implementation of corrective action plans and assesses the effectiveness of corrective action plans.
- Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing and/or Licensed Practical Nursing Certificate
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia as an LPN or RN
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience which includes two years clinical nursing and 2 years’ administrative experience or equivalent
- Desire to work in a progressive environment that embraces change
- A positive approach to new initiatives and opportunities for improvement
- Knowledge of the principles of supervision, organization, and administration
- Knowledge of current literature and applied research for the delivery of health care
- Knowledge of operational and personnel rules and regulations, collective bargaining agreement and regulations governing long term care
- Knowledge of departmental and provincial policies and practices affecting work
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.