The Manager, Operations position is responsible for the overall management and co-ordination of various manufacturing functions within a single facility. Manufacturing management experience should reflect understanding of the impact facility performance has in the areas of delivery, cost, quality, and service. In addition, may establish procedures and policies to achieve production schedules, product standards, and operational costs.
- Maximize the daily production of the manufacturing facility in order to deliver a quality product.
- Manage, initiate, control and direct the activities of employees and equipment in designated plant.
- Oversee the proper application of policies and procedures.
- Allocate work to each department.
- Forecast machines and staffing needed for future work assignments.
- Coordinate daily production and the scheduling of all machines to make efficient use of the complete facility.
- Supervise maintenance requirements to ensure that down-time is minimized and productivity maintained.
- Implement the principles of the company’s cost control system.
- Ensure proper supervision is maintained in all areas of the plant.
- Attend Quality Planning meetings and assists in improvement and follow up of implementation.
- Ensure jobs are manufactured on a timely basis to meet customers’ demands.
- Ensure that jobs are manufactured by the most efficient manner.
- Maintain regular liaison with supervisors relating to production problems and needs to meet company demands.
- Review delivery requirements and machine production.
- Provide necessary support to purchasing department on material requisitions.
- Ensure proper wage rates are maintained for work performed.
- Network with other facilities and other managers to exchange information and solve problems.
- Respond to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Able to make hiring and termination decisions.
- Compare budgets to actual expenditures and make financial projections.
- Calculate labour and manufacturing costs.
- Post-Secondary Education in Engineering or related Technical field or combination of education and minimum eight years previous experience.
- Minimum five years previous experience in a management position preferably in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use various computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to track expenses and run projections.
- Advanced knowledge of machine capability requirements.
- Able to construct and interpret charts and pie graphs.
- Able to effectively communicate with customers regarding problem solving and marketing.
- Able to make decisions about suggestions for change.
- Ability to work independently and participate in a team setting.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.