Job Title: Level II Dental Assistant
Location: Cold Lake, AB
Business Unit: Health
Department: Health Services
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type 2: Part-time
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian Health Services is currently seeking Level II Dental Assistants for positions in the CFB Cold Lake dental clinic. The Level II Dental Assistant will provide dental care to military members as part of the dental healthcare delivery team.
- Assist dentists or other dental clinicians chairside in performing a wide range of dental procedures.
- Take, process, and mount dental radiographs.
- Perform a wide range of dental laboratory procedures.
- Sterilize and disinfect dental instruments, equipment, and operating area.
- Maintain dental operating area and monitor consumable supplies.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Other associated tasks relevant to this occupational group.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Level II (Intra-Oral) Dental Assisting program.
- Must be licensed in Good Standing with the College of Alberta Dental Assistants.
- Must have experience performing intra-oral procedures and providing clinical assistance in all disciplines of dentistry.
- Must have (or be able to obtain) CPR Level C / AED certification.
- Candidates must be eligible to obtain (and maintain) a Reliability level Government Security clearance.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time