Tu Casa Group is a locally owned oilfield service company in Grande Prairie, AB. We are looking for an experienced, motivated and reliable Dispatcher to join our team immediately! We have a friendly and fast paced work environment and offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees after a 3-month probationary period.
The Dispatch employee organizes and manages all Tu Casa Group manpower. This includes assigning resources (labour force and equipment) to projects. This is a full-time Mon-Fri position that includes work on weekends and holidays when necessary. This individual must collaborate with others within the company and with external clientele to ensure safe and effective execution of projects.
The Dispatch employee is responsible for the interviewing and hiring of field employees. He/she must lead and manage the team of field staff effectively. This includes ensuring that field staff are properly trained to do the jobs they are assigned and are executing tasks competently and efficiently with a professional attitude. He/she is responsible for reviewing field employee time sheets to ensure all time is properly accounted for.
The Dispatch employee will be responsible for generating daily tickets for clients as well as reviewing tickets created by field staff. He/she must review vendor invoices and ensure that all third party charges are billed out on tickets. He/she is also responsible for supply chain management and must regularly review vendor pricing to ensure Tu Casa Group is optimizing our purchasing power.
Other duties include site visits to inspect crews, scope out projects and interface with clients. Generate cost estimates and prepare scope of work documents for crews and supervisors as needed. Occasionally the Dispatch employee may be required to work in the field when required.
The duties of a Dispatcher may include but are not limited to the following.
- Provide leadership and direction by engaging and empowering a dedicated team.
- Develop and maintain trusted and strong working relationships with key stakeholders, colleagues, customers, and employees.
- Develop and support a competent team that is focused on safety, customer satisfaction, reliability, and operational effectiveness.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and obey the rules and regulations of the road.
- Have an outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English in both verbally and written.
- Proficient with common office use computer software programs.
- Possess a good working knowledge power tools, hand tools and equipment related to all occupations in the construction industry and how to safely operate them.
- Participate and take responsibility for an injury-free workplace, led by example.
- Competently identify and document hazards in the workplace associated to your tasks and participate in Task Hazard Assessments, Daily Tailgate Meetings, and Hazard Id’s.
- Monitor for any hazardous working conditions and remedy them.
- Practice and promote good housekeeping skills.
- Maintain safety training as required.
- Positively mentor all workers within your influence.
- Monitor pre-use inspections of vehicles, and equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person