ABM College is one of the leading career training institutions in Alberta and Ontario. Throughout its history, ABM College has provided students with professional training, academic knowledge, and the right skill-set to meet employment market demands.
ABM College is currently looking for a highly competent, energetic, and exceptionally motivated Pharmacy Assistant Program Instructor.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver Pharmacy Assistant curriculum to students in a classroom setting
- Create dynamic classroom learning experiences using various teaching strategies to facilitate adult learners in achieving learning objectives in accordance with the program objectives as set out in the curriculum.
- Provide course materials pertinent to a group of students
- Research, develop and modify appropriate skill and competency based on course materials
- Recommend guest speakers, resources, tours, etc. to enhance learning at the college
- Develop evaluation materials and grade assignments and other evaluative tools
- Provide coaching, instruction and support as required
- Evaluate students’ performance through different academic assessments.
- Prepare academic reports (grading sheet, attendance, academic exercises, and assessments).
- Prepare and update course syllabus/outline and content
- Create lesson plans and course schedules.
- Actively participate to develop and updates curriculum, manuals, and guides as requested by Coordinator and Academic Lead
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education in Pharmacy Technician and related field
- At least 1 year of teaching experience
- Experience working with clients experiencing a need for training/employment
- Creativity, initiative, good judgment and the ability to express thoughts clearly
- Current knowledge of local labor markets specific to program needs
- Excellent communication skills
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- pharmacy: 1 year (required)
- Teaching: 1 year (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: Remote