RC MACGILLIVRAY GUEST HOME
Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for assigned residents based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
Collaborates with other professionals and disciplines to ensure effective and efficient resident care and the achievement of desired resident outcomes.
Nursing services are provided in keeping with the mission, vision and values of the Home within an environment of safe practice, respect for dignity and resident focused care.
1. Accepts responsibility for decisions made and for achieving the expectations of the RN role in the organization.
2. Communicates effectively with residents, coworkers, managers, families and volunteers.
3. Displays attitudes in work performance that are in keeping with the mission statement and are resident focused.
4. Works cooperatively and respectfully with others to further the values and mission of the organization.
5. Participates in continuous quality improvement by seeking ways to improve resident care and service delivery.
6. Demonstrates ability to adapt to change by taking responsibility for self learning, receptive to new ideas and willingness to try new methods and approaches.
7. Demonstrates respect and caring by accepting others values and opinions, displaying compassion and empathy, protecting the integrity and confidentiality of others.
BSCN or Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
Current registration with CRNNS
Current BCLS Certificate
Proficient oral and written communication skills
Good general health which allows for the ability to attend work on a regular basis and meet the physical demands of the position.
Excellent rapport with the elderly
Must have a good attendance record
Good personal hygiene
Personal police record check clearance and negative Vulnerable Sector
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process
Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
Organized and able to set priorities in a constantly changing work environment.
Demonstrates critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, family, staff and other members of the health care team
Knowledgeable of and implements the mission and values of the Home in the delivery of resident care.
Knowledgeable of departmental policies and procedures
Practices and promotes occupational health and safety
Knowledgeable of Protection of Persons in Care Act
Continuing Education Responsibilities:
Attends in-services and educational/training sessions for self development
Attends compulsory CPR, fire safety and WHMIS training as required
Attends and participates in departmental staff meetings
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $33.70-$40.94 per hour
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
all precautions as dictated by Department of Long term Care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sydney, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Nova Scotia Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person