Wood's Homes is a not-for-profit mental health center based in Calgary Alberta, with locations across Alberta. Our mission is to build good mental health and well-being so everyone can thrive in their community and children, young people and families can grow through trusted mental health services. Are you a passionate and dedicated individual interested in making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families? Are you committed to cultivating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates diverse voices at every level? Then we want you to join the Wood's Homes team.
Wood's Homes is searching for two (2) full-time Youth & Family Counsellor I to join our Stepping Stones Program.
Stepping Stones Youth Services is a short-term, safe place for young people to stay who are not living at home or who are struggling with their parents or caregivers.
Reporting to the Management of Wood's Homes as determined by each program, the Youth & Family Counsellor is the primary worker with children, youth and families, normally on rotating shifts that provide coverage twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, and is a contributing member of a team providing service to children, youth and families within a structured setting. The Youth & Family Counsellor will demonstrate due diligence in being Exceptional in the delivery of high-quality services and in meeting the requirements of the Health and Safety Management System at Wood’s Homes.
Wood’s Homes pays a shift premium of three dollars ($3.00) per hour for all hours worked between 11:00 pm - 7:00 am.
- Implementing and maintaining a structured setting fostering the development of personal and social functioning for each client.
- Participates actively in supervisory meetings, team meetings, and retreats, planning sessions, and designated in-service training.
- Is responsible for a variety of therapeutic responsibilities for particular children, youth, and their families. In combination with relevant case management, these responsibilities include attendance at case conferences, involvement in intervention strategies, consultations, school meetings, doctor’s appointments, family meetings, etc.
- Maintains the upkeep of the living space of the program and ensures the provision of a program that fits the requirements of the Licensing Department.
- Is responsible for a variety of tasks associated with program functioning including meal preparation, cleaning, and transportation of children, youth, and families.
- Executes other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Diploma/Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Nursing, and minimum two to four years related experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Experience in working with young people preferred.
- Current proof of professional registration may be required for certain diplomas or degrees.
- Must have a class 5 driver’s license and own transportation.
Why choose us. We are committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences. At Wood’s Homes we embrace each other’s differences and strive to learn and grow from them. Should you need accommodation during the interview please inform your contact prior to the interview and let them know what you require. We offer competitive pay, great health and pension benefits, and a supportive and inclusive workplace environment with plenty of opportunities for professional growth. Bring your unique strengths, skills and passion to Wood’s Homes. Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for complete information about and our organization.