Employment Resource Advisor, WorkBC Prince George Centre
Like WCG, you believe in the power of work to transform lives. As an Employment Resource Advisor, you’re part of a team that makes a difference by providing exceptional service to Clients, employers and the community, and by extension, the Province of British Columbia through the WorkBC Employment Services program.
You love learning and growing your skillset, and equally love helping others do the same. As an Employment Resource Advisor, you get to see the impact of your work first-hand. With a professional but empathetic lens, you provide clients with the information, tools and resources to enable them to undertake a successful job search as independently as possible.
As a member of our strong and caring team, you will make a difference at the personal and community level by ensuring WorkBC clients achieve their employment goals and receive the best support possible.
- Screen clients to determine readiness and ability to look for work independently
- Provide orientation and support to clients, including equipment and resource usage
- Assist clients with job search information and techniques, employment applications, interview preparation and follow-up
- Maintain strong partner relationships internally and externally
- Work proactively to maintain Centre job board
- Facilitate workshops as require
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience providing customer service both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment
- Knowledge of the local labour market, community resources and government assistance programs
- Knowledge of job search techniques, career development tools and issues relating to unemployment
- Advanced skills with MS Office and proficiency to quickly learn proprietary software
- Adherence to confidentiality and professional codes of conduct
- Post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in a relevant field. Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) designation preferred
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive and flexible health and dental benefits
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Generous time off policy to encourage work/life balance
- A diverse and inclusive workplace with a track record of high employee engagement and teamwork
For complete job requirements, see the full Job Description here.
WCG is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to achieving a workplace that is equitable and representative of Canada’s diverse population. We actively work to attract, develop, and retain employees from diverse and equity-deserving backgrounds who have exceptional ability and the desire to make a difference. We continuously strive to support individual needs and differences in a work environment that is built on inclusivity and respect for everyone.
WCG is committed to providing an accessible, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation in advance of any part of the recruitment and selection process.