Cosmetica is recognized for innovation, excellence, and commercialization with award-winning products. From concept to creation, we offer an unparalleled array of services that will inspire, create and deliver every step of the way. We value and recognize talent and want you to help us create beauty in the world! At Cosmetica Laboratories, we are committed to growing our internal employees and developing them to become the best version of themselves.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering & TRG, the Manager, Process Engineering is responsible for leading the Process Engineering Group comprised of Process Engineers, Technologists, and Technical Document Writers, who are collectively responsible for supporting the commercialization of all new products by evaluating and mitigating identified risk.
This team is also responsible to improve the quality of current products through process, equipment, and people improvements, improve efficiencies, conduct validation studies, and educate stakeholders to improve our business processes and seek to fully understand our products and processes.
- Accountable for the technical aspects of the New Product Launch Process, including ensuring technical accuracy of all team member outputs, and recommending process improvements where appropriate.
- Interface professionally with Clients during commercialization process to align on technical requirements.
- Review all upcoming new product launches to determine risks and requirements for launch success.
- Coach and develop staff to build team capability to meet current and future talent requirements.
- Manage people resources to effectively meet business demands and project timelines.
- Collaborate effectively with Sales, Product Development, Packaging Development, R&I, Quality and Operations.
- Establish and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to understand and improve departmental performance.
- Support the company’s commitment to Continuous Improvement through identifying and implementing ways to improve efficiencies and identifying cost savings.
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with OHSA guidelines and all scale up hand-offs are executed upon with safe work practices.
- Identify and develop methods for measuring and analyzing product characteristics to determine batch variation and focus on reducing the variation.
- Identify measures for Research and Innovation Department that are required for scaling purposes.
- Review pilots and ensure objectives are met and timely reports generated.
- Ensure all work, tests, learnings, by group are documented, filed, and communicated.
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge sharing within the organization to expand knowledge cross-functionally.
- Meet FDA validation requirements for drug products and utilize process for all products where appropriate.
- In partnership with the QA team, ensure that customer expectations match our capability, and close any gaps.
- Prepare all necessary documentation on new product launches for hand off to compounding and production departments.
- Investigate product quality issues and product non-conformance issues in a timely manner.
- Support the investigation of bulk and finished goods deviation to determine root cause and corrective actions.
Skills, Experience and Education Required
- Post secondary education in Engineering, preferably a Chemical or Mechanical Degree at the Master’s degree level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Operations Management within an engineering and manufacturing GMP environment
- Must have previous experience in the commercialization of new products (food / cosmetics / pharmaceutical)
- Proven track record in a fast paced and dynamic manufacturing environment, demonstrating the ability to manage a technical team while focusing on delivering productivity and process improvements.
- Willing and able to get involved tactically with the operations team to ensure successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership impact to effectively lead, coach, and mentor cross-functionally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust and credibility both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Proven critical thinking through the ability to be analytical, engage in problem solving, and make sound decisions.
- Highly oriented towards achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Formal training and hands-on experience deploying Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and/or TPM methodologies.
- Proficient with using various business systems and tools, including MS Office, ERP, CRM, Production Monitoring Systems, etc.
- P.Eng. certification considered an asset.
Cosmetica Laboratories Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.