Administrative Assistant - Buying Team
Come join our Head Office team and be part of the exciting behind-the-scenes aspect of the retail industry! The Administrative Assistant serves as the first point of contact for all incoming calls and inquiries and maintains the day-to-day administrative responsibilities within the office. Duties include answering and directing incoming inquiries, distributing mail and deliveries, filing, and working closely with our Buying team in an administrative support role.
What will you do?
- Operate telephone system, answer and direct phone inquiries
- Answer electronic inquiries (i.e.: email, fax, etc.)
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service area
- Accept and distribute mail and deliveries
- Keep reception area clean and orderly
- Buying team administrative support
- Source and upload product images into database
- Build and update seasonal product catalogues
- Assist Buying team with administrative tasks such as markdowns, order input, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
Who are you?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner and great attention to detail
- Reliable and professional
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and establish priorities
- Strong computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Willingness to take on new tasks and challenges
- Minimum 1-year previous experience in administration
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. All qualified candidates will be considered, however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3S0G4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- administrative: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person