If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Physiotherapist to join our Arborstone Ehanced Care team based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pension Plan
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Supervises, trains and evaluates the physiotherapy/occupational therapy assistant as necessary including work assignments, disciplinary procedures, and performance evaluation;
- Assesses clients with physiotherapy related concerns such as decreased mobility, transfer concerns, range of motion, strength, balance, pain control;
- Develops individualized treatment plans based on clinical records, observation, or referral; confers with interdisciplinary staff in regard to an overall treatment plan for clients;
- Provides treatment services for clients using physiotherapy techniques or modalities, such as hydrocollator, wax bath, TENs, etc.;
- Evaluates the progress of clients in relation to physiotherapy treatment provided through use of tests and observation; confers with nursing staff and physicians in regard to effectiveness of treatment;
- Instructs clients in the care and use of wheel chairs, braces, canes, and prosthetic devices;
- Maintains an inventory of physiotherapy equipment and supplies;
- Prepares progress reports, funding requests, and statistical reports relating to physiotherapy treatment program and client needs and maintains treatment records as required;
- Trains staff on back care, lifts and transfers and other relevant topics;
- Ensures client safety by following and applying all standard operational procedures, safe work practices and training provided;
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- Master of Science in Physiotherapy;
- Current registration with the provincial College of Physiotherapists;
- Minimum of two years clinical experience; previous experience in rehabilitation and geriatrics preferred;
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience working in long-term care
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.