Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact in the community where you work and live? Do you want to join a growing company that continues to evolve with people, projects, commitment to clients and creativity? McIntosh Perry is the North American platform for Egis Group, a leading global consulting, construction engineering and operating firm, working side by side with clients with commitment to solving project related challenges, offering creative solutions and collaboration.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
Our core values validate everything we believe in:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
We are looking for new talent to join our collaborative, dedicated and supportive team of professionals and deliver high-quality projects regardless of the project size.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our bridge team in Western Canada, you'll be working both from home and in the Calgary office in a hybrid model. You're joining a team working in various Alberta Transportation regions and Municipalities within Alberta.
As a Bridge Engineer, you will be leading various transportation projects such as bridge sized culverts and various types of bridge structures including timber, concrete and steel bridges.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Complete detailed structural design calculations and analysis;
- Perform technical reviews of work prepared by colleagues for quality assurance purposes;
- Develop and review engineering of new bridges and bridge rehabilitation design;
- Produce project construction quantity and cost estimates, contract documents and specifications;
- Provide assistance in the support and development of bridge group staff;
- Provide engineering expertise and services related to the design, rehabilitation, evaluation, inspection of bridges, culverts, and other transportation structures;
- Prepare and review cost estimates, specifications, tender documents, and reports;
- Provide construction administration liaison and complete construction supervision and site inspections on an as-needed basis; and
- Maintain positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.);
- Minimum 5 years of progressive design experience for public infrastructure projects involving bride size culverts, steel, and concrete bridge structures in Alberta and Western Canada;
- Demonstrated experience with Alberta Transportation design guidelines and construction specifications;
- Must be able to lead detailed design and contract preparation together with team member and as self-directed manner;
- In-depth knowledge in Alberta Transportation standards and policies and Highway Bridge Design Code (CSA-S6);
- Ability to provide construction liaison and act as Contract Administrator;
- Ability to review and sign-off of technical design reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Sound understanding of other disciplines scope and ability to liaise;
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance; and
- Provide a 3 year driver abstract with 2 or less minor incidents and no major incidents.
McIntosh Perry Egis Group is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry Egis Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This role is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program. If you have been referred, please provide the employee name at the time of application (Excellent together 'employee name').