Who We Are
Navera Community Connections Inc. is a nonprofit organization that provides counselling services, community programs, and early learning centres. We’ve been serving the community Saskatoon for over 82 years as CFS Saskatoon (Catholic Family Services of Saskatoon). We recently updated our brand to better reflect who we are and what we have to offer. We are grateful for our roots, but look forward to the future as we aim to foster hope, possibilities, and growth. Join us in this new era for our organization as Navera Community Connections. Visit www.navera.org to learn more!
Purpose of the Role
The Counsellor will work in collaboration with the Clinical Supervisor to provide counselling services to children, youth, and adults.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct initial assessments to determine the needs and goals of the client.
2. Provide evidence-based counselling services to adults, children, youth, families and caregivers in individual, group and family settings.
3. Develop service plans in collaboration with the client that are tailored to their unique needs.
4. Complete necessary caseload tasks including appointment booking and calendar management, communication and correspondence, evaluation forms, etc.
5. Collaborate with other members of the counselling team to coordinate care and provide peer consultation and support. Attend and participate in individual and group supervision.
6. Maintain accurate and timely documentation and statistics of all services provided in accordance with policies and regulatory requirements.
7. Respond to clinical/client emergencies and review critical incident/unusual occurrence reports in consultation with other clinical staff as necessary.
8. Provide counselling services to other counselling programs as required.
9. Participate in team meetings and represent Navera Community Connections on community committees and/or groups as needed.
10. Commit to ongoing professional development, including keeping certification and credentials valid, and keeping current with clinical assessment and interventions through research, workshops, etc.
10. May provide group counselling, including development or review/revision of program materials, preparation, and delivery of group facilitation.
11. May deliver professional presentations in the community.
Who You Are
We are looking for a compassionate and solution-focused Counsellor that has a growth mindset to join the counselling team.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education Psychology or related discipline.
- Certification with an accredited third-party professional association, such as Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), or Registered Psychologist is required.
- A combination of BSW-RSW and relevant clinical experience may be considered.
- Play Therapy certification is an asset.
- 2+ years experience providing counselling to adults, children, youth, families and caregivers is an asset.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector is an asset.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with therapies and practices of individual, child, youth, and family counselling.
- Must be knowledgeable of community resources in order to make the necessary referrals.
- Comfortable navigating consent with children, youth and their caregivers.
- Ability to assess high risk clients (suicidal) and intervene quickly and appropriately.
- Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of other mental health disorders and refer client to appropriate service provider.
- Excellent oral, written, organizational and time management skills required.
- Demonstrated commitment toward professional growth and keeping up-to-date with theory and practice.
- Ability to perform duties in a confidential manner within a team environment.
- Adheres to ethical practice as set out by associations and registration bodies.
- Adaptability and openness to change and shifting priorities and circumstances.
- This is a permanent full-time position of 35 hours per week.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required between Monday - Saturday, including some evening work (typically 1 evening/week).
- Compensation dependent on education and experience. The starting wage is $30.63/hour (Bachelors) to $36.72/hour (Masters).
- Benefits include group benefits, group retirement savings plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation time, paid sick time, paid professional membership dues, and meaningful training and professional development opportunities.
- Counselling location may be at the Navera office or at off-site at designated RAC (Rapid Access Counselling) sites.
Please apply early, the position may be filled before the closing date. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.63-$36.72 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Social Worker (RSW) or Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC)? (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-10