For more than 50 years, Silgan Plastics has defined the plastic bottling industry from technical innovation to creative packaging solutions. No matter what your packaging needs, Silgan can and will handle them. From creation to commercialization, our customized approach to each customer's requirements is what sets us apart from the rest.
The Process Technician is responsible for operating a given number of blow molding machines and makes necessary adjustments and repairs to ensure production of bottles are made in a safe, efficient and high-quality manner.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned
- Operate a group of plastic blow molding machines and auxiliary equipment producing bottles in a safe and high-quality method such as Bekum, Automa and KHS to name a few.
- Perform and/or assists in mold, insert and color changes on the line as necessary.
- Perform processing of blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap.
- Monitor HDPE resin, material handling and color systems for appropriate processing conditions.
- Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
- Assist other Operators and maintenance personnel on mechanical repairs.
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance work.
- Maintain work area to acceptable safety and housekeeping standards.
- Complete and file all required documentation in an orderly and timely manner.
- Operate equipment to minimize the generation and maximize the consumption of regrind, purge and scrap.
- Properly identify regrind and scrap produced.
- Communicate processing information to designated personnel on incoming shift.
- Assist other Operators as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
AUTHORITY LEVEL (if applicable):
Required: Relevant education and/or cumulative years of experience.
1-2 years of experience specifically in blow molding.
Preferred: BM experience preferred.
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and Provincial Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Plastics is a drug-free workplace.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person