Requisition ID: 178405
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
City: New Glasgow
Location: 2577 Long Term Care Lawtons Pharm
Postal Code: B2H 3S3
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1500 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
Ready to Make an impact?
The Consultant Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmacy services to contracted continuing care facilities, customers and medical practitioners. The Consultant Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, corporate pharmacy programs and contractual requirements of continuing care facilities based on corporate agreements. The Pharmacist will also provide guidance and supervision to Pharmacy Students, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants. The Pharmacist will ensure that all patients are offered and receive professional clinical services. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Exceed patient or caregiver expectations
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy and compassion towards the patients
- Participate on contracted facility committees as per contractual obligations
Patient Focused Care
- Provision of clinical services focused on continuing care contractual obligations (i.e. disease state management, biannual medication reviews, full scope of practice, reporting, after-hours emergency service)
- Ensure prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Technicians and Assistants as required
- Initiate care plans, follow up and proper documentation
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of drug related problems and creation of plans for nursing staff to monitor
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and provide education to patients/caregivers
- Working as part of interdisciplinary health care team with physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and nursing home administrators
- Providing medication related education to nursing staff at continuing care facilities
Corporate Pharmacy Service Programs
- Responsible for understanding and providing continuing care contracted facility pharmacy service obligations
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
What you have to offer:
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Location: 2577 Long Term Care Lawtons Pharm, New Glasgow, NS
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you a registered Pharmacist in Nova Scotia?
- Are you injection certified?
Work Location: In person