Requisition ID: 172140
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Floater
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: Safeway Pharmacy Edmonton Floater
Postal Code: T5V 1E9
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
The Float Pharmacist will provide pharmacy services and support to customers, medical practitioners and other retail pharmacies working shifts scheduled by the Relief Coordinator. Responsible to work within assigned territory (reliable transportation required) achieving excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and professional clinical services. Actively contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Coach pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants (if applicable)
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Injection Certification
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Retention bonus
- Signing bonus
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you a registered Pharmacist in Alberta?
- Are you injection certified?
Work Location: In person