Electrical Team Lead - ( 230001UB )
Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our team. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
In the capacity of an Electrical Team Lead – Transportation, you will be tasked with developing and growing a Transportation Infrastructure focused electrical engineering and design team. You will interface directly with clients and stakeholders to effectively manage project deliverables, with a focus on quality and team collaboration. You will be supporting a number of our interconnected sectors focusing on the transportation sector including airports, roadways/highways and marine ports while also collaborating with buildings, and industrial teams. A broad range of electrical engineering design experience across these sectors is advantageous.
An Electrical Team Lead – Transportation has the interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to foster a positive team environment, work collaboratively with multiple disciplines and support a culture of safety. Through your broad consulting background, you will perform a variety of tasks which may include design & design management, business planning and growth, project management, people leadership, client account management, resource planning, proposal writing, and quality management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a Transportation Infrastructure focused electrical engineering and design team.
- The Team Lead role is also responsible for client facing business developing and contributing to the development of integrated proposals using your specialized knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables.
- Project roles will include leading in the form of project management, design, construction support of transportation focused electrical engineering projects.
- Performs complex problem solving for engineering design tasks on assigned projects, as the electrical lead or subject matter expert, including preparation of engineering calculations, drawings, and reports.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors and reviewing agency personnel, with the aim of seeking necessary approvals.
- May be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects or the work of the others.
- The Team Lead role is responsible for growing the electrical business practice within the transportation business centre.
- Consult with clients and client account planning as required.
- Recruitment and management of a team of highly skilled electrical engineers, engineers in training, technologists, designers, and co-op students to successfully execute projects of varying sizes and complexity. Past consulting experience is desirable, but not specifically required.
- Workload and resource planning for the transportation electrical team.
- Mentoring and technical development of junior designers and EIT’s.
- Staff performance reviews and career development.
- Coordination with other discipline leads to ensure resources are allocated properly and projects are executed well.
- Liaising with other leadership to ensure alignment of corporate goals and effective use of resources and knowledge.
- Internal leadership in design excellence, coaching, recruitment, and retention.
- Overseeing and managing multiple projects.
- Leading project coordination meetings with internal team members and / or external consultants, owners and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Effective communication skills, including an aptitude for effective leadership and people management.
- Team player with experience building, leading, and managing teams.
- Understanding and appreciation of all phases of infrastructure projects, including conventional and alternative delivery methods for public and private clients through all phases of the project life cycle.
- Strong business development skills including client interface and development of winning proposals.
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and stakeholders.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills, Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Demonstrated experience with transportation infrastructure focused electrical and design projects.
- Multi-sectored experience (including transportation, airports, ports, buildings and industrial) considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Strong understanding of relevant design software.
- Strong understanding of ICAO Annex 14, TP312 and FAA design standards.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer (eligible for registration in British Columbia). Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 or more years of experience.
- Position will primarily work in an office setting in Stantec’s Vancouver, Burnaby, Victoria, Kelowna, or Kamloops offices.
- At the minimum 3 days per week in office work with some field work as required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 22, 2023, 1:36:47 PM
Req ID: 230001UB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans