telMAX is building a 100% pure fibre network across underserved communities across Ontario. For the past 2 years, telMAX has built its own fibre optic network. Using the latest technology, the telMAX network is capable of delivering synchronous speeds up to 10 Gbps. telMAX is based in Stouffville with an additional office hub in Newmarket and offers Fibre Broadband internet, TV, and home phone services. It proudly employs staff from the communities where it operates and is committed to supporting the local communities they serve. In June 2022, an independent assessment, by PC Magazine, recognized telMAX as the fastest internet service provider in Canada.
ROLE: Field Service Technician
- Provide telMAX customers with an extraordinary customer service experience.
- Operate well both independently and in a team environment in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be organized, determined, persistent and demonstrate exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Keep the customer informed of work to be done.
- Continue to learn and understand telMAX’s products and services to promptly respond to face-to-face inquiries regarding software usage/features, monitoring, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Have the ability to distinguish colours.
- Proactively respond to network events reported on monitoring tools in the Customer Support Centre and document all interactions and/or escalations and troubleshooting steps taken.
- Continually train on proprietary system enhancements to manage customer requests more efficiently and effectively.
- Have sound practical judgment of priorities and time management.
- Observe and follow all Provincial and telMAX Health and Safety rules and policies.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- A High School Diploma, College Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in field service or customer support role. Ideally, the applicant will have some experience in engineering, networking and/or telecommunications.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and be able to work in all our current and future build areas. Must be flexible to work rotating evening, weekend and on call shifts. And must be able to work efficiently in any weather condition.
- Demonstrated knowledge in:
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing fibre optic services & devices.
- Troubleshooting and connecting customer streaming devices (e.g. Chromecast, Apple, Android, Amazon Stick) & cable modems.
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Incident management.
- First Aid training is an asset.
- A valid G class Drivers License with a clean driving record. **telMAX will require a Drivers Abstract from the Ministry of Transportation on a yearly
Your key strengths and attributes include:
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgment, problem-solving, effective decision-making, and represent telMAX with integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Time management skills; must be able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background check and clean driver’s abstract.
- Effort and Physical demands - must be able to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes.
- Working conditions, must be able to work outside for long periods of time on varied surfaces and weather conditions and walk long distances.
- May be required to work daytime and nighttime hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
telMAX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
telMAX is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you require an accommodation at any point in the hiring process and we will work to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stouffville, ON L4A 3Z2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Telecommunication: 2 years (preferred)
- Canadian Driver License (G class) (preferred)
Work Location: In person