An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager to join our GTA Team. We are looking for someone with passion and drive, who is highly organized and can ensure that our high standard of quality is maintained. This role will be based in our Burlington office. Please note, we are working on a hybrid model and there is flexibility to work from home.
This is a leadership role, firm client focus and ability to relate to clients and respond to their requirements is a must. The nature of our work requires both divergent and convergent thinking – that is combining innovative approaches with meeting scope, budget, schedule and specifically working to deadlines.
- Lead a multidiscipline team of engineers and designers with a focus on study and project delivery.
- Key role in the mentoring and development of staff and ongoing improvement and maintenance of engineering systems and procedures.
- Responsible for the overall quality of all deliverables in accordance with established company and project procedures.
- Ability to strive for innovation and fit-for-purpose solutions in all disciplines of engineering design.
- Provide leadership and support to produce engineering deliverables for projects and studies.
- Maintain engineering standards across projects and studies by identifying and implementing best practice and holding the team to account for quality.
- Ability to maintain and develop long-lasting relationships with key clients that foster potential partnership opportunities.
This position is a full-time, regular position based in our Burlington office. Please note we are working on a hybrid model and there is flexibility to work from home.
You are a proven strategic business partner looking for your next challenge and can offer the following skills and experience:
- In-depth and relevant experience in multi-discipline engineering of minerals processing plants, particularly in gold, base metals, and industrial minerals.
- Engineering Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven experience leading design teams within a multi-discipline engineering and procurement framework.
- Previous experience in all stages of the EPC/EPCM project execution life cycle, from Pre-feasibility to Construction.
- Highly developed self-management skills, including time management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
- Previous site experience and willingness to travel to site on an as needed basis
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and influence employees at all levels.
Working for Ausenco means you won’t settle for the status quo – you’ll be part of a forward-thinking, culturally diverse organisation. We expect our people to deliver outstanding results and will give you the licence to find a better way forward for your clients and stakeholders.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we provide employees with a wide range of growth opportunities and training programs to build your skills and pursue your career path.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce As a global company we embrace and encourage diversity in its fullest sense – gender, age, experience, nationality, colour, language, religion, location, disability, education, skills, working styles and time availability. Our work environments are based on mutual trust and respect for the rights and opportunities of every individual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Ausenco will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Thank you for your interest in Ausenco.