Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
MCW is seeking a self-motivated Electrical Designer to join our Vancouver Office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Assist with the preparation of drawings and schematics
- Coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Escalate resource issues to the appropriate Project Manager
- Review architectural and structural drawings
- Work with contractors and respond to technical inquiries
- Provide technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Help establish and promote client relationships
- Strive to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients
- Overtime as required
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field such as Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or Building Systems Technology.
- Working towards obtaining Certified Engineering Technologist Designation in British Columbia
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- New grad with relevant co-op and academic work experience
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review is considered an asset.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Knowledge of Canadian Engineering standards
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Excellent time management skills and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues
Client Focus – Providing service excellence with added value to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Creativity and Innovation – Modifies current approaches to generating viable, new approaches and solutions
Initiative – Addresses current issues by dealing with situations proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
Interactive Communication – Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering two-way open communication
Legislative, Policies, Procedures & Standards – Understanding and using relevant legislation, policies, procedures and/or standards in performing one’s work
Results Management – Supervises work/projects by organizing time, work and resources to accomplish in the most effective and efficient way
Self Confidence – Demonstrating realistic trust in own abilities and confidence when challenged
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.