Summary of Duties:
- Prepare, organize and conduct individual and group therapeutic activities with assigned patients under the direction of a registered Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist.
- Participate in program-wide hydrotherapy assignment/schedule and maintain program-directed certification for pool safety.
- Participate regularly in interprofessional care team, business and professional council meetings.
- Directly supervise OTA/PTA students as assigned.
- Complete clinical documentation and daily workload measurement.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of therapeutic supplies, assessment and resource forms, and kitchen supplies.
- Provide preventive maintenance to Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy equipment.
- Ensure the on-going integrity and function of therapeutic equipment and treatment areas.
- Conduct work in a safe manner; prevention, identification and reporting of safety issues and problems; taking corrective action, where possible; attendance at safety meetings / training / updates in accordance with the Hospital’s standards.
Please note: The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Diploma from a recognized college for completion of the Occupational Therapist Assistant/Physiotherapist Assistant program or Diploma from a recognized Occupational Therapist Assistant or a Physiotherapist Assistant program and completion of the corresponding bridging program is required.
- Current BCLS and commitment to ongoing renewal.
- Excellent oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated understanding of rehabilitation principles and ability to communicate and work successfully in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and interpersonal skills in dealing with the patients their families, other health care team members and the community are equally essential skills.
- Proven ability to be responsible for carrying out delegated tasks with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience, preferably in a rehabilitation setting, is preferred.