Are you a community-orientated and patient-focused individual who is passionate about providing excellent pharmaceutical care? Central Plains Co-op is hiring a Staff Pharmacist on a full time, permanent basis, located at the Marketplace Food Store in Rosetown, SK.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. We are a diversity inclusive, progressive pharmacy that will enable you to practice pharmacy to your full scope. To learn more about who we are, visit www.centralplainsco-op.crs.
What we offer:
- Modern pharmacy workspace with a level B Compounding room.
- Pharmacist-first intake desks for optimal patient-pharmacist connections.
- Competitive salary.
- A comprehensive benefits package including an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Licensure and continued education reimbursement.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
Our pharmacy working hours are from 8:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Saturday and closed on Sundays on statutory holidays. Rotating weekend shifts allows for work-life balance!
What you’ll do:
As a Staff Pharmacist, you will play a critical role in overseeing and dispensing medications to patients in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Provide clinical services such as medication management, review, and injection services.
- Maintain medication profiles of patients and communicate with healthcare providers such as doctors, doctors taking new patients, diabetes educators, dieticians, mental health professionals, home care aids, and acute care nursing homes regarding patient care.
- Expand your areas of practice including but not limited to compounding, long term care contracts, and travel health.
- Advise customers on the selection and usage of non-prescription medication.
- Advise patients on possible side effects of their medications and answer any questions they may have.
- Provide supervision and direction to technicians or assistants preparing and dispensing medications.
- Provide exceptional customer service with a positive attitude.
Who you’ll work with:
You will work closely with the Pharmacy Manager and a team of dedicated healthcare professionals. The team cultivates a culture of collaboration and excellent customer service.
Known as the heart of the wheat belt, Rosetown, SK is a hub for recreational and family-focused activities including a bowling alley, a billiard hall, swimming pool, hockey, and a curling rink! Grow your pharmacy career in this ever growing, historical agricultural center. The many other amenities include doctors, a hospital, and both an elementary and a high school. Only 1 hour west of Saskatoon, housing is much more affordable so you can truly have not only work-life balance but have financial freedom as well.
Why it matters:
Working at Co-op gives you the opportunity to do work that truly matters. Our commitment to our members and the community means that we strive to make a positive impact every day. We believe that our success should be shared, and we work hard to create value for our communities.
Who you are:
You are a dedicated patient-focused Pharmacist and:
- Have a Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree and are in good standing with Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals or eligible for registration.
- Are Licensed to practice in the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Are APA Certified or working towards certification.
- Are honest, trustworthy, results oriented, and strive to be the best in what you do.
- Believe in collaboration, building relationships, and value the perspectives of others.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us via [email protected]. All information received will be kept confidential.
If you are interested in joining a team of dedicated healthcare professionals and making a difference in the lives of patients, we encourage to apply for this opportunity.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion. We’re working to create a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve and an environment where every team member brings their whole self to work. We believe all candidates should feel at home with us and be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process.