VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) is one of the largest not-for-profit home care providers in Ontario. Our team is made up of close to 3,000 caring and committed professionals who love what they do. Our providers tell us: “Home care is where I can truly make a difference. There is such a sense of accomplishment from helping people live independently at home.” Our teams work together to provide high quality, client-centered care to those who need it most in their homes, schools, retirement homes and other community settings. Many of our team members manage their own schedules in the community and they say, “The freedom and flexibility can’t be beat.” Providers form meaningful bonds with the clients and families they serve over time and are supported by a diverse regional team and beneficial home office programs. Team members tell us “I love the inclusive culture. I feel welcome and at home.” View more comments from VHA clients and their family members.
We are currently seeking:
Occupational Therapist – Toronto Central Area
$2,000 Sign On Bonus for Full-Time caseloads
What will be your role?
As an Occupational Therapist at VHA, you will be assessing and providing consultation, recommendations and interventions to adults and/or geriatric group of clients in their homes using evidence-based best practice. You will ensure coordinated delivery of care through ongoing communication with the client care team regarding plans and schedules for interventions, problem solve in collaboration with the client and care team to create opportunities for more independence and promote VHA’s core beliefs and values.
What makes VHA’s compensation unique?
- Benefits and pension plan for eligible employees
- Flexible scheduling
- Compensation for education and professional development
- VHA is a leading learning organization so we can provide you with comprehensive orientation and training at the start and throughout your career
- Mentorship and peer support
- Career development opportunities
- Employee and family assistance program
- Wellness resources
- Perks & discounts
- Staff & service provider events
- Member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience (optimal)
- Valid Driver’s License with access to a vehicle
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Self-driven with ability to work independently
- Skilled in caseload management
- Skilled at electronic documentation
- Able to provide virtual care
- A registered ADP authorizer (asset)
- Clinical and ADP Mentorship
- Clinical Lead support
- Educational and professional development
- Occupational Therapy peer support meetings monthly
- Seating and mobility problem solving sessions monthly
- Extensive orientation
Accommodation and VHA’s commitment to DEI
At VHA Home HealthCare (VHA), we passionately strive to uphold our commitments to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion inclusion and diversity in all parts of our organization and are strong believers that a diverse workforce is key to the ongoing and future success of VHA. We aim to review all applicants with fair and unbiased recruitment practices where opportunities are presented based on merits, skills, and experience. VHA is committed to providing reasonable accommodation and our services are accessible and sensitive to the needs of diverse groups. If you require any accommodation, please let us know in advance as we are happy to comply.
VHA is accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada; an RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate; and a founding member agency of United Way Greater Toronto.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.
In every role and at every level, we lead with purpose, build bonds that matter, and we’re passionate about providing spectacular care.