Supportive Living Worker-Temporary Full-Time (SLW)
One (1) position available
CLS LOE-CHO SLW 2023 22
September 6, 2023
September 20, 2023
40 hours per week (8 hours/day)
Monday to Friday, 12:00 – 20:00 (6 hours LOE and 2 hours CHO)
Schedule may vary based on bona-fide operational needs
Starting at $23.47 per hour (Grid 10 of CSSEA JJEP), plus full employer paid health and dental benefits after three months. Successful applicant will be required to join union membership (BCGEU).
OneSky CLS Supportive Living Programs LOE and CHO – worksite may vary based on operational needs
A progressive, not for profit organization, OneSky has been serving the South Okanagan Similkameen for over five decades. Guided by our core belief that we’re all in this together, living under a single sky, our goal is to create a way forward for everyone. We champion and support individuals to reach their full potential, work to remove barriers and support individuals through a diverse range of services. OneSky values diversity, accessibility, respect, accountability, integrity, and collaboration.
We provide a competitive salary, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, a great pension plan (Municipal Pension Plan) and a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment. OneSky is a great place to work!
Nature of Position
The SLW is responsible to empower and support persons with disabilities to engage in life skills, daily activities and social engagements of the participants choosing. The SLW is to assist each individual as a valued, contributing citizen of inclusive communities.
The SLW assists participants to live successfully in residential settings. The SLW ensures that individual participant’s physical, emotional, social, educational, and medical needs are being met. The SLW supports individuals to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills, according to their choice.
Qualifications, Education and Knowledge
- Certificate in a related human/social service field.
- One (1) year recent related experience, working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Previous experience working with people with dual diagnosis and challenging and/or aggressive behaviours an asset.
- Essential to display a proven ability to work with challenging and aggressive behaviours calmly and effectively.
- Experienced with various lifts, feeding protocols, toileting protocols, basic adaptive sign language is an asset.
- Need to display an understanding and ability to work with individuals with mental disability and mental illness.
- Must display enthusiasm and energy and be a contributing team member.
- Vaccine Passport with a minimum of two vaccinations
- Class 4 Driver's License (able to obtain within 6 months)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current (every 3 years) TB test results
- Clear, current Criminal Record Check (provided by OneSky)
- A completed Physicians Approval of Health
- Food Safe Certification
- Safety-Care Training (provided by OneSky) – Mandt and NVCI also acceptable
- Use of own safe, reliable vehicle to transport participants with “business class” insurance
Please note competition # CLS LOE-CHO SLW 2023 22 on your application.
OneSky Community Resources is an equity employer and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups who may contribute to our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: From $23.47 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- working with people with developmental disabilities: 1 year (preferred)
- Class4 License (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-20