- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, spec sheets and or other data for residential and commercial projects.
- Develop and prepare design sketches with CAD software to produce final layouts.
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawings for the shop, customers and engineers
- Enter information into MBA program to produce shop work orders.
- Communicate with customer to secure approved design and once received ensure work orders are forwarded to Shipping.
- Communicate, when required, with Sales Reps, City Inspectors and customers to resolve design concerns.
- Respond to inquiries from Sales Reps.
- Process customer information and produce accurate quotes to ensure appropriate margins
- High degree of accuracy, strong ability to focus in an open office environment,
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, effective time management
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects, ability to accurately read blueprints
- Proficient in the use of drafting software and knowledge of design software
- Basic structural engineering design
- Preferred 3+ years’ experience in both Commercial and Residential truss design
- Architectural, Engineering or Industrial Design Degree/Diploma or equivalent preferred
We provide a comprehensive benefit pacakge including, heatlh, dental, vision, glasses, health spending account , and pension plan.
Only those selected will be contacted. We thank all that apply.