The Health Care Aide (HCA) is a member of the health care team, working under the direction of the Registered Nurse
and/or Licensed Practical Nurse. Responsible for performing and assisting with duties related to meeting
client/patient/resident personal needs in accordance with the established policies and procedures. Functions
effectively in a dynamic and demanding environment utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation.
In Long Term Care settings, must be able to work in an environment that is conducive to pets and fragrances.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized Educational Institute (or other education as recognized)
- Current certification from a recognized Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS), or obtain within three (3)
months of commencing employment; (excludes Long Term Care)
- Working knowledge of Windows based programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet
- Demonstrates understanding of the role of the Health Care Aide within a health care setting
- Knowledge of the techniques and procedures of patient/resident care related to activities of daily living
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak an Indigenous language is an asset, preferably Cree, Dene or Michif
- Respects and promotes a culturally diverse population
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and independently with minimal supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Successful candidate subject to provide security checks in accordance with Security Checks for Employment
Policy (HR-02-80). Waived for internal candidates with current checks on file.
For a full listing of qualifications please:
Resources/Job Description, then select the applicable department; or,
- Internal Candidates: Refer to the Job Description which is posted on the Intranet under Department/Human
- External Candidates: Contact Human Resources to request a copy
Northern RHA strives to have a diverse workforce in an inclusive and accessible workplace,
which provides opportunity for reasonable accommodation.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to self-declare when submitting applications & resumes.
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Using Google Chrome, Apply online at www.northernhealthregion.ca
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Note: In the event of technical difficulties with the online application, please contact Human Resources at
[email protected] for assistance.