CGSB Certified Level II RadiographerResponsible for the security and control of industrial radiographic equipment during its use and transportation and for ensuring that compliance with the license/registration, regulations and company procedures is maintained.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Transportation of industrial radiographic equipment in accordance with all federal/provincial transportation regulations and local requirements, the license and its conditions, applicable license procedures, company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
- Utilization of industrial radiographic equipment in a manner prescribed by the manufacturer and in accordance with all federal/provincial regulations and local requirements, the license/registration and its conditions, applicable procedures, company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
- Maintaining constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while in use.
- Securing industrial radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
- Preventing all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while industrial radiographic equipment is in use.
- Preventing damage, loss or theft of industrial radiographic equipment and all associated accessories.
- Providing the required notification to appropriate management personnel in the event of an incident, and to provide assistance as necessary.
- Providing direct and constant supervision of the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee whenever the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee operates radiographic equipment.
- Verifying, prior to performing radiographic operations, that the radiographic device, associated equipment and personnel used under their supervision during the performance of radiographic operations are in accordance with company procedures and the regulations of the jurisdiction where radiographic operations are being conducted.
- Completion of proper documentation and reports associated with radiographic operations.
- Safety of co-workers as well as members of the general public.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 4 yrs experience in NDT field as a certified technician
- MUST be Certified to Level II in Radiography
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word
- Ability to work with computers / computerized equipment
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate in English
- Travel requirement; 0-75%
- Ability to handle chemicals in a safe manner
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to supervise training of Apprentices.
- Position is based out of a district or site location.
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively
- Excellent communication skills
TEAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.