Req ID: 153066
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Various Sites and Community-based Locations Throughout Nova Scotia
Department: Services and Programs Throughout Nova Scotia Health
Type of Employment: Permanent, Assignments, and Casual Relief Opportunities Available
Status: Based on Bargaining Unit and Constituent Union
Posting Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com, to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
- Facility Profiles
- Central Zone (Halifax Regional Municipality, Eastern Shore and West Hants areas)
- Western Zone (Annapolis Valley, South West and South Shore areas)
- Northern Zone (Colchester, Cumberland and Pictou County)
- Eastern Zone (Cape Breton, Antigonish and Guysborough areas)
About the Opportunity
The Registered Pharmacy Technician works as a member of the inter-professional team and participates in the provision of safe, competent, patient and family centered ethical care, ensuring the goals and needs of the patient are prioritized and individualized. Working within their legislated scope of practice and scope of employment, the Pharmacy Technician assumes responsibility for their own actions, are accountable to the public and contribute as a healthcare professional to plan of care and function of pharmacy to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
The Registered Pharmacy Technician functions are self-determined, assigned through management, the pharmacist, another Pharmacy Technician or as requested by other members of the care team.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy Technician Program
- Licensure and registration in Nova Scotia as a Pharmacy Technician (NSCP) required
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and incentives
- Enrollment in the Provincial Pension Plan
- Variety of available shifts
- Continuous Clinical Education & Support
- Opportunity for advancement within the organization
- Various permanent, assignments (temporary), and casual relief (no guarantee of hours), opportunities available in various locations throughout Nova Scotia.
- Shifts may include days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- You will be asked to specify your work hours and location preferences in the screening questions that follow once you click 'Apply now'.
- For a complete list of available opportunities, please visit jobs.nshealth.ca.
Compensation and Incentives
$24.48 - $27.35 Hourly
Successful candidates may also be eligible for a signing bonus and relocation assistance with a defined Return of Service contract.
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. A Recruiter will reach out to you to explore whether your qualifications and skills match an opportunity.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.
If you have any questions or would like more information on our opportunities, programs and communities, please contact us! [email protected]
Job Segment: Counseling, Public Health, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Tech, Technician, Healthcare, Technology
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $24.48-$27.35 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person