Community Support Worker
Casual (with up to full-time hours available)
Location: Duncan, BC
Wage: $25.05 + 10.6% in lieu of benefits
Posting Expires: Open until filled
Will Train Applicant(s): Yes
We are a not-for-profit organization that provides services to those living in our community with mental and physical disabilities, or any other complex barriers. We offer our individuals a chance to integrate and immerse themselves in our local community, while teaching them skills to help them grow in their everyday lives. We have both individuals and employees who have been with us for over 20 years. We work closely with outside behavioral consultants, social workers, and specialists, to provide any level support needed by our individuals.
Role and Responsibilities
· Responsible for a range of services for adults with developmental disabilities and/or mental illness and their families
· Promote and maximize independence in the group residence, and community settings by providing opportunities for persons served to learn and practice new skills while developing their gifts, talents, qualities and abilities
· Provide assistance with all activities of daily living, including but not limited to: personal care, community activities, medical appointments, providing meals, and following care plans as outlined by professionals
· Support individuals with maintaining a standard that will ensure that they are seen positively by their friends, family and community
· Maintain positive working relationships with all professionals involved in the care of the individuals
· Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing documentation of Person Centered Plans
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Be enthusiastic and ready to have fun everyday!
Be ready each work day to hang out with a great group of people
· Cleared Criminal Records Check
· First Aid Certificate (have or willing to obtain)
· To be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 **Covid-19 Consideration, please note, as per the Provincial mandate via Community Living BC and VIHA Licensing all employees must be double-vaccinated against Covid-19**
· Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries in the group home, community settings and with families
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrate ability to administer medications accurately (we provide training)
This position requires BCGEU membership (attained upon hire)
Valley Integration to Active Living Society (V.I.T.A.L. Society) is committed to a diverse-positive view in hiring, while proactively pursuing the cultural competence necessary to provide a safe and welcoming social, physical, and informational space for all applicants.
The Society defines accessibility as the ability to access and benefit from environments and/or services, and is committed to providing universal access throughout the hiring process.
Applicants requiring access to fair and equal process must advise the selection committee in a cover letter or email when applying. Applicants will be contacted to make the necessary arrangements.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $25.05 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada? (work permit, etc.)
- Driving Licence (N or Full)? (preferred)
Work Location: In person