Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
The AGI Food Group specializes in the food and beverage industry. Clients have enlisted AGI Food’s expert team to manage numerous challenging projects from start to finish, taking a flexible and collaborative approach that considers all stakeholder requirements, as well as the safety of everyone involved.
Currently, we are seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager to add to our team in Woodbridge, ON. Bringing a minimum of 10+ years of relevant Electrical Engineering experience to manage and drive multiple projects in a food manufacturing setting. The Electrical Engineering Manager will assist in expanding the electrical engineering department and it’s capabilities.
- Manage electrical team.
- Develop business case to expand electrical department as well as fabrication and installation capabilities.
- Responsible for standardizing electrical design methods and tools.
- Responsible for ensuring that regulatory requirements are met.
- Plan and schedule resources.
- Assist in streamlining electrical equipment and services quoting.
- Create Electrical and Controls design documentation and specifications for quotation and installation.
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities: track milestones, accomplishments, and results. Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, critical path tracking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards.
- Lead Installation activities at client sites to ensure proper installation of all intended project designs. Manage contractors and enforce client safety measures.
- Assist with development of Engineering Check-out, Equipment Acceptance Testing, and Start-up/Validation documents.
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vender technicians to remediate issues.
- Design power and controls requirements for electrical equipment in differing Hazardous Area classifications.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for AGI. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners; Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Senior Management as required.
- Lead multiple, concurrent projects.
- Demonstrate highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- Recommend, manage, and implement efforts to streamline the organization’s processes and establish best practices.
- Treat all AGI information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Inform Principal of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
- Promptly inform AGI management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business which may affect AGI’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
- Gather and provide management with needed information and metrics.
- Provide guidance to and mentor other team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with Ontario Professional Engineer designation.
- 10+ years previous electrical design, project installation and start-up experience preferably in the Food and Beverage industry.
- Proficiency with the electrical requirements for Industrial Power and Control applications including: power distribution equipment and design, transformer and wire sizing, conduit and cable tray installations, control panel design, equipment interlocks, safety circuits, and the CEC/NEC code books.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of controls integration between various machines and equipment within a process.
- Familiar with electrical material and installation costs to assist with quoting efforts.
- Knowledge of electrical machines and instrumentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work flexible hours and multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressured environment - managing changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented to summarize status / issues / recommendations - producing quality deliverables.
- Advanced capabilities in quantitative and data analysis; Proven ability to conduct research/analysis, organize and interpret findings, and build presentations that facilitate Senior Management decision making.
- A valid driver’s license - travel maybe required to support and service our clients at their premises.
- A valid passport – travel up to 25% to customer sites will be required.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.