JOB OPPORTUNITY - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST - FULL-TIME PERMANENT
The Occupational Therapist will provide services to clients accessing inpatient services at Youthdale Treatment Centres and will maintain the standards of practice approved by the profession. This position works closely with clients, family members, colleagues on the inpatient team and other inter-professional team members regarding the care, treatment progress and discharge of clients. The worker ensures that clients and their families are provided care in accordance with the policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
Location: Inpatient Units (227 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Union/Non: This is a unionized position.
Rate of Pay: $36.2118 per hour
This position reports directly to: Clinical Operations Manager.
- Fosters positive interpersonal relationships with the staff, residents, visitors, outside agencies, government officials and related professional associations.
- Maintains and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Attends work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Policies
- Supports the provision of mental health treatment services to clients
- Provides assessment and intervention services to clients
- Assists clients in the enhancement of community living skills, including employment skills, social skills and appropriate behavior.
- Plans and provides occupational therapy assessments and treatments to clients
- Documents information such as relevant clinical data, progress reports and outcomes.
- Provides clinical input and suggestions related to the management of clients to ensure quality of care is delivered
- Assists client to develop, recover or maintain activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL) skills
- Develops therapeutic alliance with clients and their significant others
- Monitors treatment regimes
- Assesses mental status and monitor physical health needs
- Assesses client needs and link to appropriate resources
- Provides support and education to family members and significant others
- Collaborates service provision with other team members and community partners
- Some evening work is required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy and Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists
- Three years children and youth mental health experience, community‐based experience a definite asset
- Excellent skills in mental health assessment and teaching, case management, decision making, and effective crisis intervention
- Demonstrate the ability to intervene effectively in clinical situations for youth and adults experiencing mental illness
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
- Evening availability required.
About Youthdale Treatment Centres:
Youthdale (www.youthdale.ca) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities. We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. Youthdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply with an updated resume.