SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Report to the Senior Project Manager, Compliance, the Project Manager, Facilities & Compliance scope of work includes, but is not limited to, development and maintenance of environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance programs, built environment accessibility and infrastructure projects, and all aspects of project management for compliance projects and programs. The Project Manager’s responsibilities include ensuring that compliance related projects are completed in a timely manner, within the approved budget, and to the legal and quality standards set by the various regulatory agencies.
Research and review EHS law and related City By-Laws to identify potential gaps in compliance and corrective action requirements including, but not limited to, backflow prevention, TSSA, asbestos management program, Green Energy/ Net Zero Initiatives, etc.
Co-ordinate, review drawings, plan, organize and control all activities relating to the design and construction for compliance related projects in a variety of types of buildings including arenas, pools, community centres, municipal buildings and heritage and cultural places.
Assist and oversee in the development and maintenance of an integrated management system from Plan (gap analysis, due diligence studies, strategic plans), Do (procedures, compliance programs, training, document management, emergency planning), Check (auditing, program reviews) and Act (corrective action process, management reviews).
Identify opportunities and implement processes for compliance program coordination with other CFEM disciplines/sub-groups including but not limited to Operations, Building Condition Assessments, Facilities Planning & Business Solutions, and others.
Research and write terms of reference to engage the services of consultants, co-ordinate the requests for proposal (RFP),quotes (RFQ) and tender (RFT) processes. Review and evaluate proposal submissions, participate in selection interviews, recommend selection of consultants and administer contracts.
Meet regularly with consultants and contractors, to review and control the quality of various submitted plans and reports and ensure their compliance with Federal/Provincial EHS law, and City By-Law/Guideline(s) requirements. Provide Contract Administration on assigned projects.
Conduct site visits, analyze site conditions, prepare field reports and conduct field audits.
Provide oversight and support Operations as required in the completion of legislated requirements, i.e. TSSA orders. .
Develop, manage, and undertake compliance support programs including but not limited to Backflow, Generators, Asbestos, Cooling Tower Registrations, Boiler Pressure Vessels, and Elevators.
Liaise with appropriate stakeholders including Operations and others to ensure projects and programs are completed in accordance with legislated requirements, including review and refinement of the scope of work, and preparation or cost estimates and project schedules.
Provide and maintain a computerized inventory of all assigned compliance programs and projects and provide regular verbal and written technical advice to the Senior Project Manager, Compliance and Manager of Strategic Planning, Capital and Compliance. Coordinate with other members of the Compliance Team to maintain a database of all relevant compliance program documentation.
Interpret and review specifications and tender documents to ensure compliance with legislative and code requirements
Serve as Project Manager and on-site supervision for compliance related projects including:
- review tender documents and specifications for projects.
- Organization of project site meetings.
- Where necessary meet with client groups
- Maintaining records of project budget and schedules.
Supervise field operations of contractors, initiating inspections, testing and sampling of work in progress and completed work, reviewing related reports providing comments and recommendations as appropriate throughout the duration of the project
Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements in implementation of compliance programs and projects.
Provide and/or coordinate training to CFEM staff regarding roles and responsibilities pertaining to compliance programs such as the Asbestos Management Program.
Receive and answer EHS and project related inquiries from the public, other City Departments, outside agencies, consultants, contractors and vendors. Provide technical compliance and design advisory services to other departments.
Make presentations to senior staff, as required.
Liaise with other government agencies as required including Ministry of Labour, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks, Technical Standards and Safety Association and others.
Perform such other duties as assigned which are directly related to the major responsibilities of the job.
- Must be able to demonstrate a level of expertise related to the duties described above, normally acquired through:
- Demonstrated experience in facility management and compliance planning and program/project management.
- A degree/diploma in Engineering or Building Sciences or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or OACETT (CET/ C.Tech) designation and/or is an asset.
- Extensive experience in the development, maintenance and monitoring of environmental and compliance programs with demonstrated knowledge of TSSA, CSA, O. Reg 278/05 and/or other related standards and legislation.
- Demonstrated experience working with members of the public, contractors and consultants, various levels of government and administration, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience working in an engineering or environmental firm and/or municipal government preferred.
- Knowledge of application of Building Code and regulations, environmental and health and safety legislation, and Fire Code.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and writing skills required.
- Formal site inspection experience including field experience in EHS auditing.
- Knowledge of Corporate policies, procedures and Guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of MS Office and experience with Computer Aid Design software, Asset Management Software would be an asset.
- Must possess a Class “G” Driver’s Licence with provision of a vehicle for use on the job.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A VALID CLASS "G" DRIVER'S LICENCE AND PROOF THEREOF IS REQUIRED AFTER HIRE.
THE INCUMBENT SHALL COMPLY WITH ALL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES AND PRACTICES FOR THIS POSITION AND THE WORKPLACE
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *