Production supervisors orchestrates daily production in a high-speed, multi-line food facility, steering a unionized hourly workforce towards meeting daily operational targets while upholding stringent safety protocols, food safety standards, and customer quality requisites. As the coach in the midst of action, you provide unwavering leadership and mentorship to our team, setting the benchmark through your own actions and motivating others to excel. Your fervor for customer satisfaction drives the culture, ensuring it takes precedence above all else. Thriving in a rapid-paced setting, you possess a sharp instinct for continuous growth and improvement. Your collaborative style fosters an open platform where novel ideas find voice, contributing to ongoing progress.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by October 03. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
- Plans manpower requirements for a department on a daily and weekly basis in order to achieve production volumes, takes ownership for product quality and standards, and yield and efficiency targets
- Directs employees in the operation of plant equipment to meet quality, efficiency and yield standards, HACCP and sanitation procedures
- Ensures health and safety of employees in accordance with established safe work procedures, company policies, and applicable provincial legislation
- Prepares production and progress reports
- Oversee and document all plant Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Sanitation issues
- Provides leadership by instilling team goals and objectives
- Foster a positive employee relations culture by treating all employees with respect, listening to their concerns and provide a timely response where needed
- Develop, direct, manage, train and motivate employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. General Education Development accreditation)
- Proven track record in high-paced customer-centric environments
- A track record of three to five years in a supervisory role, preferably within the service or retail industry, highlighting a commitment to delivering outstanding customer service alongside managing teams within a dynamic operational environment.
- Adaptable to diverse shifts and primed for overtime, demonstrating a commitment to meeting customer needs swiftly and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept leadership, and articulate communication skills—both verbal and written—to engage effectively with customers and team members in a fast-paced setting
- Self-motivated and polished professionalism, exhibiting strong English communication skills (verbal, written, reading)
- Proficiency in computer operations, encompassing email and spreadsheets, coupled with a readiness to swiftly grasp and utilize various software platforms (e.g., SAP, Kronos) to enhance customer service and operational efficiency.
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected].
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.