Pro-Western Mechanical is a fast paced, mechanical company providing complete mechanical services for new construction of multi-dwelling residential, condos/apartments, town houses and light commercial/industrial.
The Project Lead is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the execution of projects onsite. They ensure the smooth execution of projects, from planning to completion, while upholding high-quality standards, meeting timelines, and effectively managing on-site resources. The Project Lead works closely with the Project Manager, collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver successful outcomes within the overall project scope.
Offering competitive wages, benefits, including medical, dental, and matching group retirement plan. Join a growing organization for long term, full-time employment.
This role is available in Saskatoon!
1. Project Planning and Execution:
- Collaborate with the Project Manager on the development of an accurate project schedule. Schedule development will include project plans, timelines and resource requirements.
- Hold Foreman accountable to maintain the builders/Pro-Western’s schedule.
- Employee Management in coordination with Human Resources
- Conduct Final Walkthrough’s with customer and obtain signoff. Prepare a deficiency list as required.
- Material Receiving
- Assist on the tools as required (typically high risk or large-scale scope). Project Manager to be consulted.
- Request for Information (RFI)
- Change Order Management
- Resource/Crew Planning
- Material Takeoffs
- Ensure all required tooling is acquired based on the schedule. Coordinate with the Project Manager
- Coordinate and manage all project activities, ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and regulations.
- Approve timecards, ensure/verify accuracy of actual labour hours.
2. Team Leadership and Coordination:
- Provide training for New Hires
- Ensure diversity in training of crew, monitoring of apprentice tasks.
- Work in a mentorship/coaching role to develop site Foreman and Lead Hands.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources.
- Foster a positive work environment, promote teamwork, and resolve conflicts within the team.
- Effective leadership and team management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, make decisions, and manage risks
3. Quality Control and Safety:
- PWM is Core Audit certified and this is an area of importance.
- Ensure Foreman are completing daily tailgates, weekly toolbox meetings and site inspections.
- Ensure Foreman are documenting and reporting all near misses and incidents.
- Ensure Foreman are completing applicable safety documentation (Inspection and Test Plans, Supporting Documentation, Etc.)
- Ensure that all work meets the required quality standards and specifications.
- Implement and enforce safety protocols, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Promote a culture of safety and actively engage in promoting safe work practices.
- Ensure Foreman are completing inspections of vehicles and accommodations.
- Track and resolve deficiencies (Vista)
4. Communication and Stakeholder Management:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Regularly communicate project progress, updates, and milestones to stakeholders.
- Manage expectations and address any concerns or issues raised by stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and project analyst to prepare reports and documentation.
- Journeyman Plumber certification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Flexibility (within reason) regarding travel, drive in or fly out.
- Approximately 80% of time will be spent in the field. Travel will be site specific.
- Monday to Friday (or based on project specific schedule)
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, equipment, and installations.
- Valid Drivers License
- Knowledge of relevant industry codes, regulations, and standards.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) certification or training is a plus.
Wage to be determined based on education and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To find out more about us go to www.prowestern.ca
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Construction: 1 year (required)
- Mechanical Subtrade Field: 5 years (required)
- Journeyman Plumber/ Red Seal (required)
Work Location: In person