Requisition ID: 344395
Competition #: SS-23-1173
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position Number: 221715921070N253-22
City: Portage la Prairie
Site: Douglas Campbell Lodge
Department / Unit: Nursing
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date : To be determined - May 18, 2024
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 hour shifts
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Wage Rate: As Per CUPE Collective Agreement
Term Condition (if applicable): Maternity/parental leave of absence term may expire sooner than indicated, subject to minimum notice of two (2) weeks or one pay period whichever is longer.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the leadership and direction of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse as team leaders, the Health Care Aide assists residents and patients in meeting their personal activity of daily living needs as identified within an established care plan. Within the core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence, care is provided according to SH-SS policies and procedures in meeting established standards of practice, including but not limited to professional standards of practice, Accreditation Canada Standards, Personal Care Home Standards, and legislative requirements.
The incumbent exercises the appropriate Medium level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Health Care Aide Certificate from recognized program
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- 1 – 2 years experience working in a health care setting preferred
- 1 – 2 years experience preferably caring for elderly or disabled clients preferred
- Demonstrated competencies with Southern Health-Santé Sud core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
- Able to organize and prioritize assigned workload
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as needed
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Able to interact well with others
- Good physical health and able to lift and move heavy clients
- Ability and willingness to work in stressful environments that may include aggressive and/or agitated individuals
- Ability to provide care within a culturally appropriate manner
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate.
- All Health Care workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.