We are seeking a seasoned MVA Occupational Therapist to join our team!
The OT is responsible for the delivery and administration of motor vehicle accident (MVA) occupational therapy services in accordance with established policies, procedures, and the scope of responsibilities as outlined in the employee’s contract or agreement.
Why you want to join Midtown!
Midtown Rehab offers multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to clients/patients in and around the Kitchener-Waterloo/Cambridge area. We specialize in assessing and treating clients injured in motor vehicle accidents (MVA, MVC). We support clients’ neurological, orthopedic and psycho-social rehabilitation, and address the caregiver needs and vicarious trauma of their loved ones.
As a small, but mighty, collaborative of independent providers, we are defined by these values: Excellence, Partnership and Community Resilience. Our collective mission is understanding, acceptance and healing for our clients, their support circle, local partners and each other.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled, highly experienced, community-minded occupational therapist who thrives in a multidisciplinary context with capable, team-oriented colleagues. He/she/they will get to tailor their caseload and leadership role to their strengths and professional goals, and to adjust work volumes and hours according to their preferred schedule. The work is meaningful and the compensation is great!
Job Outline: Occupational Therapist
· Oversees Midtown’s rehabilitation services in collaboration with the director and in partnership with Midtown colleagues, clients and community partners.
· Works with the director to align services according to the overall MVA rehabilitation strengths and needs of Midtown clients and the MVA community at large.
· Consults on Midtown’s OT, Social Work and Psychotherapy rehabilitation treatment plans
· Ensures Midtown’s OT services meets the standards of practices established by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO), including securing consent, advocating for client interests, and maintaining current accurate clinical records.
· Offers leadership toward Midtown’s community outreach and marketing initiatives.
· Encourages team compliance with clinic policies, procedures, standard turnaround times and industry best practices.
· Supports providers’ application of sound clinical judgment, and appropriate and timely response to the appropriate person(s) following healthy or safety risks.
· Maintains their own OT caseload in which they,
- Establish and implement OT treatment plans
- Engage in the requisition and placement of recommended devices
- Conduct client assessments, including in-person or virtual Occupational Therapy Assessments, Functional In-home Assessments, Jobsite Analyses, Ergo Workplace Assessments, Needs Analyses for Hospital Discharge, Form 1s (Assessment of Attendant Care Needs) and OCF 3s (Disability Certificates).
- Support clients in setting and pursuing client-centred goals in areas of self-care, productivity, and leisure.
· Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy (MScOT) or equivalent.
· Registered and in good standing with COTO.
· Well versed in the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) and relevant legislation pertaining to Ontario’s auto insurance sector.
· Extensive training and experience in auto collision rehabilitation work (5+ years), local experience is preferred as is experience with medical and legal consultation and reporting, multiple areas of neurological, orthopedic and mental health injury rehabilitation, hospital discharge planning, and a broad range of MVA related assessments and interventions.
· Evidence of delivering effective leadership that empowers others to offer quality, client-centered, team-oriented care.
· Strong capacity to work independently, taking initiative in identifying and responding to needs and requests while managing their time wisely
· Effective multi-discipline collaboration skills with sound judgment as to when to consult with the director, colleagues and other members of clients’ rehabilitation team.
· Familiar with regional community services and providers and/or the nearest speciality clinics commonly associated MVA and other rehabilitation supports.
· Strong communication and relationship building skills with clients, insurance companies, lawyers, hospitals and other providers, colleagues and the director.
· Committed to keeping up-to-date with best practices and professional industry standards via respectable levels of ongoing professional development and clinical supervision.
· Training and expertise in Future Care Costing and other specialized designations applicable to the auto rehabilitation industry are preferred.
Job Type: Independent Contractor
· The contractor retains control of the method of services to be provided subject to their meeting the standards of service set by Midtown in the contractor agreement, Midtown policies or as communicated by Midtown and in accordance to the highest professional standards.
· The contractor works from their own office, uses their own vehicle, ensures industry standard insurance practices for professional liability and their vehicle, and supplies the equipment, tools, materials and supplies to perform the OT services of their role.
· The contractor maintains the right to accept or reject clients and leadership duties according to their skills, preference, and capacity and to set their own schedule.
· The contractor develops his/her workload according to his/her preferences of type and quantity of work while being considerate of the needs of Midtown’s clientele and business efforts.
Compensation: Rate commensurate with experience
· Midtown’s compensation is generous for industry standards, attracting highly skilled, mature practitioners with strong leadership skills.
· The selected candidate’s expertise as an MVA provider will help shape and grow Midtown’s clinical services, administrative practices and marketing direction toward more effective and responsive services for our community.
· This is a growing company with opportunity for providers to pursue long term vocational goals while flexing their contribution to support a healthy, balanced life style.
· Midtown providers are supported in continuing other MVA-related work so long as it does not interfere with their Midtown responsibilities.
Job Types: Casual, Freelance, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 36 months
Salary: $45.00-$78.00 per hour
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener, ON N2H 5V1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Master's Degree (required)
- occupational therapy: 5 years (preferred)
- motor vehicle accident (MVA) rehabilitation: 5 years (preferred)
- registration as an OT in Ontario, i.e. OT Reg. (Ont.) (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kitchener, ON N2H 5V1